Monday, May 3, 2010

Old houses are old houses no matter what country you are in

The bathroom is tiled and ready to use, wooo hooo! Except I wanted less than cold water. Mario started hooking up the ducha, or suicide shower again and I asked him which was the hot wire, he answered they are both white. Wrong answer! I knew one of the wires had to be hot and so began this morning's "discussion". He stormed out to his parents house and returned with an electrician. Thank God since he had the wires reversed! Thanks Dad for teaching me that you don't play with electricity especially in the water. The electrician fixed the ducha and we asked him to look at the stove. I have been having nightmares of a fire since the stove doesn't heat well, which to me means bad wiring. So now I am sitting in the living room as Mario and the electrician rewire the connection from the street to the breaker box. Seems they didn't use the correct gauge wires whent they did it the first time. Hopefully this fixes the problem. Kinda cool having a simple house though. It's a straight run  from the edge of the house to the breakers so it is not too much of a problem to fix.

The bathroom came out beautifully, I will put up pics when everything is back in place and I have showered. We put in a fence over the weekend so now Diego has a place to be without being tied up. I can also start to garden! I constructed the composter out of 2 of the plastic totes that we have, thanks to Andy and Fran (boomers offshore) for showing the idea in the first place! I am also making a greenhouse of sorts from another so that I can start seeds without the dog, chickens, and birds abusing them. Pics to follow as always lol. I suck at taking pics!

It's a beautiful day so I am off to garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers