Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring ...

Just WOW I never knew it could rain so hard! The soil here is incredible! There is a stretch of it between the house and car port that filled up and over flowed onto the walk way. in 10 minutes the water was gone. Hope the mums drank some of it. We had lightning and thunder but only lost power once. I am running the laptop on batteries because I am worried about it frying, grounded has a strange meaning here - nothing is. I think the plants look greener now. This morning was incredibly sunny, I even watered the fushia sine it was wilting then drop ... drop ... buckets! So fast! The garden is coming along. The portulaca are beautiful, unfortunately Diego finds them comfortable too so I hope they stay nice. Everything you put in the ground here grows like crazy. I am going to have one kick ass yard! Unfortunately we came home last night to find one of the papaya trees had fallen over. Of course it wasn't the one we want to take down since the roots are under the bathroom. It was the other one that looked so cool in the yard. I got to watch Mario hack it up with the machete. Sometimes I just can't believe this is my life now. Who the heck has a machete in Pa? They sell them in the supermarkets and hardware stores here. I want a little one, but we are afraid I will cut my leg off lol. The thunder was frightening, very loud. I think it has passed now so I am going to plug in the work computer and get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers