Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's getting closer all the time and a bit of adjustment

So I am driving home from work and Continental calls and lets me know that apparently the law changed in Costa Rica and now you need to pay an import tax on your pets. Crap I think, what's this gonna run? At a minimum $20 she tells me - hmmmm - a minimum? wonder what the maximum is. Any way that is the tax, but oh you need to hire a broker to get you through the process and that costs between $120 and $200 dollars. What??!! for a $20 tax? I ask her what if the dog's owner is a Costa Rican? (Luckily I thought ahead and Diego is now Mario's dog, I figured it would be easier to have a tico get him in than a gringa). She tells me it's the same for them.

OK adjustment to the budget time, I am trying my this is how we roll in Costa Rica mantra, it is what it is - relax. So not the end of the world, but not good news either. BTW, I also asked if anyone had any info on this great website - Association of Residents of Costa Rica.

On a more positive note we passed the U&O (Use & Occupancy) inspection so we are set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers