Tuesday, March 16, 2010

COSTA RICA we are coming!!!

WOOOO HOOOO the deal is a done deal!! After we make the last few fix-ups to the house we are set! Looking to buy tickets for an April 11th flight. I can't believe we are really going!

I sent an email to the Costa Rican consulate in New York to try to figure out what paperwork I need. They responded in 1 day, faster than the county seat in Doylestown lol. They said:

Regarding your concern, besides the divorce papers will be necessary a certificate from the city hall establishing you are single or performing a sworn declaration before a notary public. Then your documents must be certified by the notary, by the County Clerk and by the Department of State of where the document was issued (see enclosed). Once you have the documents duly certified you can send the documents by the post office duly certified with an additional prepaid envelope with your return address.

That's what will constitute and affidavit of single status.  So I sent an email to Doylestown (the county seat) seeing if they can do this certificate because I am reasonably sure that if my little town of Morrisville has a City Hall they will look at me like I have 3 heads if I ask for this certificate. If I don't hear back from Doylestown I will go the Notary route. Hopefully I will be working from home on Friday and can get some of this done then. Once I have all of the paperwork (Original birth certificate, Affidavit of single status, Police record, Valid passport, Divorce decree) I have to send it off to the appropriate Departments of State to be certified. The NJ documents should be fairly easy since they go to Trenton. I am going to see if I can go there and do it. PA documents have to go to Harrisburg so I am thinking Fed Ex. Then everything goes to New York. Since we have only about 3 weeks to go I have to get this done quickly!

Wow we are really going - still not quite sinking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers