Saturday, March 27, 2010

2 weeks 1 day and counting & Jake's on his way home!!

So I spent the morning packing and think we are gonna have to thin down what we are bringing. At first we said that we weren't going to bring anything, just whatever we could carry on the plane. Then I realized I would like to have the new king size bed I bought last year, it was expensive and we really sleep well on it. So the hunt for a shipping place began. We looked into a few options and talked to as many people as we could. We finally opted on a company that a friend of ours uses to ship cars and trucks to Costa Rica. The company is called Port to Port International. We went with them because for a reasonable rate we could ship a small amount of cargo to San Jose. They offered a 5x7x7 and a 10x7x7 space. You also can ship a haf or a whole container, but for the price we figured we could dump our old furniture and get new stuff in CR. So we now have reservations for that too. Our stuff has to be in New Castle, Delaware on April 7th. It will sail out on April 12th and with any luck will hit port in Limon on April 21st. From there they truck it up to San Jose and call us to pick it up. So we will be in Costa Rica several weeks before our stuff shows up. That seems ok to me right now because word has it the house has been fixed up and repainted and it is papaya and avacado. Light papaya and avacado but still I can't picture those colors with the red floor so I think I will get to do some decorating before the stuff comes.

We opted for the 5x7x7 space since we really were only going to bring the bed. Then I turned into Steve Martin in the Jerk! All I need is this bed, oh and this chair, and this lamp, and this ..... You get the picture. So now we have all these totes stacked in the office with marks on the floor and the wall to show how much space we have and I still have stuff I NEED to take with us. Looks like Mario will be sneaking more black garbage bags out of the house lol. (He cleaned out all the rest of the stuff I NEEDED that way when we put the house on the market)

On an even happier note, my son texted me to let me know they gave them leave early and he left Iraq this morning at 4AM. Great news because I will have a longer visit with him before we leave too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers