Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We may be nuts but we are moving!

So we have been working like crazy to fix up our house and it looks really nice, but I really wanted a house with a view. Our house is in a little town, filled with people, dogs, and chickens. It was starting to get to me waking up every morning a 3 to the song of the rooster that sleeps outside our window. This wasn't the tranquilo life I had imagined. But still I LOVE Costa Rica, I could live in our house for years and still be happy here. One day as I was looking through my favorite real estate site Chirripo Bienes Raices I saw this house. WOW what a beautiful house, and the view!


My sensible side said nooooo you are living rent free, no mortgage, why would you rent a house? Save save save and one day you can buy a house with a view. But my adventurous side said it can't hurt just to LOOK at the house. So we went, we looked, and we rented. Not without obstacles, apparently you need to have a 4x4 to get to the house. Our little Toyota couldn't handle the driveway. So we traded it in and poof we have a Suzuki Sidekick that can make it. So when I come back from the states we are moving in. Crazy I know, but you only live once. So if you know anyone looking for a really cute tico house in Barrio Los Angeles we are renting ours out for $200 a month! Rooster wake up calls are free!

So why do I want to live in the mountains? Well for one it is about 10 degrees cooler. I hear it is blistering in New Jersey and Pennsylvania right now. There is no escape. Here in Costa Rica, just drive up into the mountains and it gets cooler and cooler until you actually need a sweater. The other reason? These are some picture I shot from the restaurant on the way to Dominical:

This is the center of Perez Zeledon (San Isidro del General), the church is the same one in the header of my site.
So green! and the lofty clouds over the mountains are ever-changing.
Just loved the clouds that day, so peaceful.
So there is my dream, to wake up to views like this everyday. Let's hope this house is as perfect and peaceful as it seems....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely home.I also live in the mountains of Costa Rica. As you mentioned the cool weather is perfect no need for A/C, the mountains are a even a more simple life "muy tranquis", and nothing beats that view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to moving there J@y. Where are you in Costa Rica? I started reading your blog, but have been really swamped the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in San Ignacio de Acosta. I been meaning to write an entry on the town but haven't gotten around to it. I'll post it soon. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I get it. I agree, nothing better than watching the clouds from above. So BEAUTIFUL, peaceful. Congrats on finding your paradise.

    ReplyDelete

Followers