Friday, June 18, 2010

When the cure is worse ...

The fumigated again today. I am assuming it was to kill any emerging mosquitoes. We missed the motorcycle guy yesterday but Mario's mom let us know so I was ready! I closed all the windows and curtains and made sure Diego and I were way out back. Well as way out as we can be in our little yard. We listened as the whine of the fumigators came closer and closer. Finally we saw the smog coming down the road. They stopped when they got to our house and since everything was closed up didn't shoot the smog in. Mario's mom came out to see how we fared since Mario had gone to check on our car in the shop. We saw the smoke approaching her house and she scurried off to check on things. I started to head into our house since most of the smoke had cleared, when I heard Mario's dad shouting "Where is my wife??". Turns out his mom went into the house thinking that they would not fumigate inside. His dad, who was out front, asked the guy to do inside the house. When his mom saw the house filling with smoke she ran into the back room thinking the smoke wouldn't reach her. So when the fumigator opened the last door there she was. He told her to run out of the house since the rooms were filled with the smog. She came over to our house to breathe. She was OK thank goodness! Hopefully this is the last round of spraying. There are at least 5 cases of dengue in our little town so they are doing everything they can to eliminate the mosquitoes that spread it. I hardly get bit around the house, but I know there are tons of mosquitoes in the woods behind us. I usually off myself before going there. Think I will stay clear for a while til this dies down a bit.

I got my hair cut pretty short today. I like it though! It was so hot with it long and strangely it seems to be growing fast here. She made it so I can still put it up. I brought my color with me and she applied it, color, cut, styling and eyebrows, $16 - just wow! Some things are really great here lol.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Father's Day para Mario de Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Followers