Sunday, June 13, 2010

We are tiled and I am coming back for a visit!!


The tiling is done and we finished painting, ok we still have the molding and a few doors, but we have the majority done!! So this is what we look like now!
See how cute Diego is without his rosey glow! We still want to paint the bars white to contrast with the blue.
This is the view from the front door.
The living room. I know the candles are REALLY orange. For some reason it is almost impossible to find decorative candles here. Most are the emergency white kind. These are manderine and didn't look sooo orange in the store.
The kitchen/dining room. Notice it is no longer yellow. After we picked the tile I realized the yellow doesn't really match it. Thank goodness we had only painted the primer coat and were able to put this beige over the top. We left our bedroom and the spare bedroom yellow (no pictures since they are still a work in progress). The daisys on the table are from the weekly market and cost me a whopping 2 bucks. I plan to have flowers in the house all the time!
This is my office. We got the drapes in Dominical from the cute gal Mary and I met last year on our trip. She remembered us! These are actually wraps to use over your bathing suit but I like them as drapes. Yes that is luggage behind the desk, storage is tight here. The desk is covered in glass. I looked all over for a desk pad since I was scratching the surface with the keyboard. We couldn't find any thing like a pad in our city. When I decided to use my trunk as the coffee table in the living room I wanted to get glass cut for the top. Mario though I meant the desk so he measured that instead. I told him to keep the measurements but that it would be way too expensive to get glass for the top. I had priced it for my desk in the states and it was over $150. So we went to the glass store, yeah they have a glass and mirror store, 2 in fact, and they charged $20 for both pieces of glass, amazing.

I am coming to Point Pleasant NJ July 9th through the 18th. I hope to make it around to see everyone. I am staying with my parents so give me a call if you want to get together!!

4 comments:

  1. Stephanie Enrique Dilan Arleen little EnriqueJune 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM

    The house looks great. What a difference? We miss you guys. Saludos a Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We miss you guys too! I am coming back on the 9th of July and will be visiting the Trenton area. Hope I get to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're place looks fantastic! You guys did a fantastic job redecorating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Let's hope it rents soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers