Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ode to my mom

I usually don't write much about my family and friends here, but my mom passed away yesterday and I can't help but remember how she has influenced every aspect of my life. My mom encouraged me to move to Costa Rica, she said that she was proud that I was doing something so adventurous with my life. One of the only regrets I have about my move here is that I wasn't able to be with her and my dad for her final days.

 I am going to post more pictures of our gardens here. My mom was the one who taught me to appreciate gardening. She always had spectacular gardens. She taught me about cultivating new plants from seeds, realizing that plants had specific needs for sunlight and water, and just to enjoy and revel in the beauty of nature. So these pictures are a tribute to my mom:





























I don't know much about the after life, but I know where ever it may be it's a much more beautiful place now that my mom has arrived ... and it will be filled with flowers.  Rest in peace mom, I miss you.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that.... I'm sure she'd be proud of this post as well. Hope you're doing well under the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael. I am going home for 2 weeks to be with my dad and the rest of the family. I am doing as well as can be expected. She was ill for a while, but I don't think you are ever prepared.

    On a brighter note I am really happy that your pup is doing well. He's quite the fighter for a half pint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lynn, my heart goes out to you and your family. You're right that even when you know what's coming, it's still really difficult, and we're not ever prepared. (I wasn't either, when my mom passed away.) Thanks for posting those wonderful photos as a tribute to your mom. I'm thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phil. I appreciate concern and support. When are you coming back??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping I can come back by June. I think you were flying back today. Are you back now? I hope your flights were safe and hassle free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Lynn, I just checked your blob. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your time with family in the states is everything you need at the moment. Sending loving thoughts your way and prayers for you & your family in this time of transition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phil -
    yes I came back on the 23rd. The flights went well. Came home late but it was so good to back and out of all the SNOW!! I thought I missed it - NOT! I forgot how cold cold can be!

    Jen -
    Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and support. The trip home was therapudic. I felt good being able to be with my dad and the rest of my family. I still miss my mom all the time, but I know having the family together means the world to her so I am sure she is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary Lynn,

    So sorry to hear about your mom passing. It was a lovely tribute to her and you must feel good in your heart that you are carrying on with the things she taught you, bringing further joy to the world. You have our condolences.

    Sincerely,

    Casey and Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Followers