Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Guess who came to lunch?

 These toucans came to eat the platanos that were in a tree near the house.
As I was watching another bird about the same size came to eat along with them. They all rallied and sat on the bananas so he couldn't get any!

 When the rain came the tree fell so we lost our friends.
I just love the view from the balcony!
The portulaca is filling in the driveway nicely. Mario has fallen in love with this plant and looks for it in every nursery in town. I think we have bought the country's supply!
But they are really pretty close up and they will be spectacular once they fill in all the space. He has been adding abono organico (compost) to them and they are really thriving.

I thought I lost the lantana near the bird bath, but it came back after he fertilized it. We have a lot of butterflies that visit this spot. They also seem to love the dog crap in the yard (yuck).

2 comments:

  1. I Love, love, love the portulaca driveway!! And the toucans are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots. Can't wait to try the binocular thing. LOVE, love, love the portulaca as well. Hubby just pulled a bunch of mine up when we weeded. I threw it in a pot and it's doing fine. You can cut peices off and start new plants. No need to buy more since you already of a supply.

    ReplyDelete

Followers